FCE Intensive Max-6 Course
FCE Intensive Max-6 Course: ProfileOur FCE Intensive Max-6 course is designed to prepare Upper Intermediate-level students for the FCE examination. It's a complete course with examination preparation and practice for all sections of the FCE exam.
- Effective course - Just 6 students: Small classes mean highly effective learning and fast results
- 15 hours per week full-time course: Weekday afternoons Monday to Friday 13:20 – 16:30
- Programme: FCE examination preparation, covering all parts of the exam, includes free Practice Examination
FCE Intensive Max-6 Course: ProgrammeThe FCE Intensive Max-6 course programme covers all four papers of the First Certificate in English (FCE) examination: Reading and Use of English; Writing; Listening; Speaking. It is recommended for students with an Upper Intermediate English level (B2). Approximately equal class time is usually given to each paper and there is at least 1- 1.5 hours homework each day. Over the course you get practice in representative samples of the Reading and Use of English, Writing, and Listening task types and all sections of the Speaking test, as well as a thorough FCE grammar and vocabulary programme. A FREE Practice Examination is included as part of the course.
- Continuous feedback: teachers give you detailed careful correction and advice on your speaking and writing both in class and on written homework assignments, with the opportunity to discuss feedback
- Speaking: small group courses mean plenty of class speaking time to build accuracy, fluency, vocabulary, structural range and familiarisation with all stages of the FCE speaking test
- Vocabulary: intensive active vocabulary expansion for richer, more expressive writing and speaking, and building wider recognition vocabulary essential for success in the listening and reading papers
- Writing: systematic preparation and practice in the required range of task types for FCE
- Listening: familiarisation with FCE examination listening task types and techniques
- Reading: familiarisation with FCE examination reading task types and techniques
|Small group course||3 - 6 students per class|
|Course length||7 - 8 weeks (see course dates)|
|Course hours||15 hours per week Monday to Friday|
|Course timetable||13:20 – 16:30|
|Levels||Upper Intermediate (B2)|
|Course code||Enrol by||Course dates||Exam date||Course fees|
|FCE 1701||Fri. 6 Jan.||Mon. 16 Jan. – Thu. 9 Mar.||Fri. 10 Mar. (PB)||1960|
|FCE 1702||Fri. 24 Mar.||Mon. 10 Apr. – Fri. 2 Jun.||Tue. 6 Jun. (PB)||1960|
|FCE 1703||Fri. 16 Jun.||Mon. 3 Jul. – Wed. 23 Aug.||Thu. 24 Aug. (PB)||1960|
|FCE 1704||Fri. 15 Sep.||Mon. 2 Oct. – Fri. 24 Nov.||Tue. 28 Nov. (PB)||1960|
You can also take a Cambridge examination course online from anywhere in the world. Click here to find out more.
Download course information
Summer Offer - FREE enrolment for new students - Save £60
Special offer for first-time students - Start before 31 August - Apply Now
About One to One English "One cannot but mention high professional skills of the teachers and quality of training... definitely recommend" read more reviews »What's special about this course?
Central London Location Our school is located in world-famous Covent Garden, in the heart of central London. We also deliver on-site training courses to businesses across the London area, Home Tuition, and Skype Online English Courses.
English Language Training Specialists We specialise exclusively in English language courses in small group and 1-to-1. Our methods, resources and teachers focus specifically on providing high quality English courses.
Tailored Programmes We offer General English and many examination courses, as well as tailored business English courses. You can choose short highly-intensive courses with up to 6 days per week, or flexible ongoing courses with usually 2 to 5 lessons per week.
Course Teachers All our teachers are professional, qualified native-speakers. They have a wide range of experience and are specially trained in our own successful methods. They're also very friendly!
Independent One to One English is an independent accredited English language school, not an international business chain. Our students welcome our warm and friendly “family atmosphere” and the support we give you at every stage of the journey with us.
Personal Care and Support There is a full, free pre-course assessment before you join the school to make sure you choose the right course for you. After you join, you benefit from the personal support of your own Course Director and we regularly ask for and act on feedback.
- FCE examination full-time course
- Small group courses: fast, effective results
- 15 hours per week 13:20 - 16:30
- Courses five times per year